Select Language

F.D. Tchertkoff, 1845-1899

FDT

Feodor Dmitrievich Tchertkoff
(1845 – 1899)

Feodor Dmitrievich was born in Voronezh in 1845. After graduating from law school of Moscow University, he worked as a judge in the Imperial Government of Tsar Alexander II. Later, he became Councilor of State and member of the Governor’s office to the Peasant’s cause.

In 1878, he built on his estate in Khvoshchevatka, near Voronezh; a cathedral dedicated to the Virgin Mary where he was buried in 1899. In 1917 the Bolsheviks desecrated his grave and used the cathedral to store chemical waste.